Vancouver Gadgets is a proud participant and supporter of Northern Voice 2012. Please read the press release below.
Personal blogging is about instantly connecting your voice with an audience. We’ve been doing this at Northern Voice since 2005 and this year’s conference will be no different. Northern Voice 2012 takes place Friday June 15 and Saturday June 16 at the W2 Community Media Arts building in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Registration begins at 8:15am with a keynote speaker getting underway at 9am.
“From those humble beginnings in 2005, Northern Voice has transformed into one of Vancouver’s longest standing blogging and social media conference’s. The best part about us is that we’re still cheap, friendly and open to all,” says Shane Birley, a longtime organizer. Burley is the author of Blogging for Dummies and will be speaking at this year’s conference.
At the Event
This year’s conference will feature two full days of workshops as well as keynote speakers and other highlights including the following:
- Blaine Cook, one of Twitter’s first employees, and a one time lead developer of the popular social networking site will look at the Wild Future of the Internet.
- Members of OpenMedia.ca will show how social media can make it easier to share information on new legislation and tally support for political action.
- PhotoCamp returns offering creative and focused talks on all aspects of photography for the beginner or the pro. With your personal voice let your picture tell 1,000 words.
Northern Voice is a two-day, non-profit personal blogging and publishing conference that’s held in Vancouver, Canada on June 15-16, 2012. It’s nominally a weblog social media conference that focuses on personal interactions, which means the range of topics may involve anything that webbie people are interested in… that is, just about anything. Previous years have had plenty of geekery mixed with panels on how blogging interacts with family life, education, travel, photography, community building and establishing professional profiles. Speakers range from the big names to first-time presenters with a passion to share.
The registration fee includes coffee and tea at the breaks, but no lunch since we’re in Gastown and there are lots of cool places to eat., including at the W2 building where we’re holding Northern Voice this year. This also lets us keep the ticket prices as low as possible.
This is the 8th annual incarnation of this event, which puts the personal back into personal blogging and the social into social media. Expect lots of photos, video, and other recordings of the event.*
If you haven’t been to the event’s official Web site, go to http://2012.northernvoice.ca/ for more information.
- Meet us for a Coffee said [...] contact us [...]
- Vancouver Gadgets visits the Experience Headphones flagship store said [...] over 100 different styles of on-ear, in-ear,...
- Ben Abel said Hi Sylvia We’d suggest getting in touch with...
- D-Link Dual Band AC Range Extender first ever in Canada said [...] D-Link is the global leader in connectivity...
- SYLVIA NEWMAN said Hello, both my husband and I are very interested i...
- Kiteboarding Canada said hiiii thanks for this amazing video on kitesurfing...