- Social Media
- contact us
Writing a review about the netTALK Duo was easy. I could sum up my experience with the Duo in three words: “it just works.” And not only does it just work but is so simple to set up I had the thing from being in the box to making my first call within 15 minutes. I must say that the call quality was fantastic and the person I was speaking to mentioned that it sounded remarkably clear. In case you’re wondering what VOIP is, a Wikipedia article says that, “Internet telephony refers to communications services —voice, fax, SMS, and/or voice-messaging applications— that are transported via the Internet, rather than the public switched telephone network (PSTN).” The “PSTN” is just the regular old telephone line that you’ve had in your house since time immemorial.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this device and if you want to save money on your phone bills, this is the way to go. For $40 a year you can make unlimited calls in Canada and the USA, which considering that phone bills typically run about $30 per month is a dramatic savings. International calling plans start at $70 per year.
So to get this set up you don’t even need a computer but you will need a router provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Shaw or Telus. However if you wanted to you could connect the device directly to a computer such as a laptop and have the device “follow” you around as you go about your business. In fact you could go to another city with all your gear and make calls via the netTALK Duo. The steps to set up are plainly simple:
- Login to the netTALK website to activate the unit
- Fill in your personal information including your 911 contact address
- Pick your new phone number
- Connect the device
- When the phone rings once the set up is complete
I should also mention that the Duo offers voice mail, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, videophone and conference calling; in other words the netTALK Duo includes everything you would normally expect from a phone service. You can even view your call history online via the netTALK Customer Account Manager. netTALK‘s motto is “fire your phone company,” and I really think they’re onto something with this since now I thinking about doing exactly that.
- FryBoss said I’m using PAYD on my Blackberry Z10. Goto Ap...
- Meet us for a Coffee said [...] contact us [...]
- Vancouver Gadgets visits the Experience Headphones flagship store said [...] over 100 different styles of on-ear, in-ear,...
- Ben Abel said Hi Sylvia We’d suggest getting in touch with...
- D-Link Dual Band AC Range Extender first ever in Canada said [...] D-Link is the global leader in connectivity...
- SYLVIA NEWMAN said Hello, both my husband and I are very interested i...