It’s time for Vancouver Gadgets to add to the Apple Marketing Hype Machine (AMHM) and endorse the iPad3 as one of the coolest gadgets to hit the market for 2012. The hype leading up to the launch had over 1000 articles speculating about the device, Apple and Tim Cook himself.
The launch just kicked off today and here are some of the highlights from the key note:
- Tim Cook alluded that we are now living in a “post-PC” world and noted that more iPads were sold last quarter than PCs by any manufacturer.
- The new iPad will have a 2048 x 1536 resolution screen, 3.1 million pixels. “The most ever in a mobile device,” equivalent to four times the pixels as the iPad2. (44% greater saturation) One million more pixels than HDTV.
- It will support six languages: U.S., U.K., and Australian English, French, German and Japanese. Sounds more like four languages to me.
- 4G LTE (being pegged as “next generation wireless”) which will roll out for Bell, Rogers and Telus LTE networks.
- A5X chip: quad-core graphics processor.
- HD video recording at 1080p resolution.
- 5MP camera on the back
- 10 hours of battery life
- 9.4mm and 1.4 pounds
- Available in black and white.
- New iPhoto app for the iPad will be released.
- Will hit stores March 16th in the US and probably a little later in Canada.
- Apple also unveiled Apple TV device with 1080p support
This is just the beginning of what we’ll be hearing for the new Apple device. The next few months will reveal how sales of iPad 3 turn out. If they are anything like the iPad 2 we should be seeing some spectacular sales figures.
Image courtesy of PCMAG.com